Today I’m starting a new series called Letters from Mom. At 10, there are only so many money lessons I can teach and that J can practice. However, there are things he’ll need to know later, and that’s what I want to focus on today.
I’m hoping that by the time you’re older, you’ll be very financially healthy.
The markers of financial health and success (in my opinion) are:
- Managing your money well – what comes in and what goes out
- Figuring out what’s important to you and spending wisely there
- Saving, in general and for specific future needs and wants
- Giving and being generous
- Having what you need, being able to provide for yourself (and your family if you choose to have one) and being responsible
But financial health alone won’t give you the happy, fulfilling life I wish for you. There are several other areas that are important.Continue Reading